Orthopedic care program/ Best Orthopedic Surgeons
- Get rid of bones and muscle problems caused by diabetes.
- Orthopedic care by top orthopedic surgeons whenever and wherever needed
- Affordable orthopedic care session starting at 500 Rs/per session (available online and in-person 24/7)
Book Online Counseling
Book Appointment or Video Consultation online with top diabetes doctors
Diabetes Mantra New Model For Orthopedic Care
Prevent diabetes online/offline with regular virtual check-ins & consultations
We will identify the problem through different assessments, evaluations, etc, and provide personalized care created for each person based on the joint and muscle issues they are facing.
Diabetes Mantra tries to equip individuals to make changes in their lifestyle by a step-wise method. We also try to train individuals with some skills to get rid of their joint pains that are making their day-to-day life difficult.
Specialized Team of experts
We have a specialized team of experts who have done a lot of diabetes research, and bones & muscle issues and have successfully recovered a lot of patients.
The world’s best diabetes clinic in your pocket
How it Works?
Signup for Diabetes program
Just complete a simple 5-minute online application to check your eligibility for the program and enrol.
Meet your care team
We’ll connect you with a Diabetes specialist who will be available 24/7 to you via call or chat.
Connect to our app
Follow suggestions provided by the app and your coach to beat diabetes. Track your progress in the app
About Orthopedic Care in Diabetes
- Charcot Joint and Foot: The main symptoms of the disease are loss of sensation which even leads to loss of feeling and discovery in case of any injury. The cut or the injury then leads to infections
- Osteoporosis: This causes bones to weaken down which then becomes more vulnerable to fractures. The risk can be lowered down by maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Osteoarthritis: this causes in the breaking down of cartilage in between the joints. People affected with the disease suffer from joint pain, swelling, stiffness, and a loss of mobility in the joint.
- DISH (Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis): These generally occur around the spine where ligaments and tendons become hard. The hardened ligaments and tendons then turn to bones which have to be importantly removed. Also, this problem occurs more commonly in people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Dupuytren’s contracture: There is a band or sheet of connective tissue, called “fascia” underneath the skin. Diabetes causes them to thicken which leads to tightening of the skin and results in impaired functioning of the hand.
Treatments Provided by DiabtesMantra
- Spine surgeries
- Hip and knee replacement
- Arthroscopic surgeries
- Fracture fixation
Top Diabetes Doctors at DiabetesMantra
10,000+ Happy Patients from the world
“I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes at young age. DiabetesMantra played a pivotal role in my diabetes reversal. They have excellent doctors in their online Mumbai Clinic who tracked my symptoms, designed my diet, advised exercise and medications. I couldn’t have asked for a better diabetes treatment in Mumbai.”
Frequently Ask Questions
If you have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels), or diabetes, for that matter, you are at an increased risk of being affected with joint and bone disorders. These problems are the result of nerve damage (diabetic neuropathy), arterial disease, or obesity. Diabetes is the main cause of all these issues. Because the body and the parts of the body in diabetes become comparatively weak. Diabetes does knock the health and development of our skeletal system and nerves. To lower down the high blood sugar levels, diabetes patients take insulin which is believed to promote the growth and development of bones even faster, whereas not enough insulin leads to the weakening of the bones. In both cases, health is being affected.
There can be several problems including nerve damage, neuropathy, and joint pain. Some of them are as follows:Diabetes-related bone issues: These include osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, DISH, increased risk of fracture. Diabetes relates to joint issues: these include frozen shoulder and Charcot’s joint.
An orthopedic surgeon needs to be attentive towards the problem involved in the diabetic foot. The foot is affected badly leading to several ailments such as diabetic foot ulcers, amputation. Lesion prognosis, physiotherapy, peripheral neuropathy.
It is believed that more than half of people with diabetes have some or the other kind of diabetic nerve damage. However, any part of your body can go through nerve damage, but the feet and the legs are the often affected areas.Nerve damage in the feet can cause you numbness, tingling, or pain, or some can have even felt nothing at all. While living without pain sounds quite good but it can cost you high. Because these are the pains only that tell us that something is wrong in our body, whichever part it may be.Follow these instructions to keep your foot safe:
- Wash your feet every day
- Don’t step outside barefoot
- Use shoes that fit well
- Go for foot-friendly activities
- Don’t forget to trim your nails straight
Being aware of your health and underlying health issues is the foremost step you need to consider while taking precautions. Eat healthily, choose your food items wisely, and follow good sleeping and exercising habits. Always keep in touch with your orthopedic doctors and surgeons. You must avoid inactivity, smoking, sugary foods, and stuffs like this.
DiabetesMantra has experienced orthopedic surgeons to deal with joint and bone problems of patients with diabetes. The doctors provide preventive care including strict control of blood glucose levels prior, during, and post-surgery. We also have rehabilitation and physiotherapy sessions for our patients. The experts here are efficient enough to tackle any complications associated with the surgery or diabetics.
Yes, you can contact them online. The doctors and surgeons can guide you with the best possible options as per your need. They also play a role in guiding you to get ready for the surgery if required. This may include bringing a few changes in eating, sleeping, and exercising routine.